BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Good Day...

5-14-2009 As always I would like to begin by saying how grateful I am to all of the positive thoughts and prayers Gabi has received, I know this has made a difference in her life. Also I want everyone to know what a wonderful and supportive family we have, they all have been so amazing! We thank you so much!I have returned to writing the blog and so my hubby can have a break! We had a nice day today with our little Gabi! We stayed at the hospital last night in one of the sleeper rooms. CHOP allows parents to stay there as needed but prioritize those who have very sick babies and post-ops. In the mornings Gabi's nurses are most busy checking all the meds, lines etc.. we were able to help with some duties today. We changed her diaper, help position her and swab her with some of my milk. It was amazing to know we took part in helping with her well-being since sometimes we feel helpless. We loved seeing her with her eyes wide open looking around and listening to our voices!Gabi's nurse informed us she pooped twice through the night which is GREAT, usually this takes longer to occur so it was a good sign. During rounds the neonatal team come to her bedside and discuss Gabi. They decided to wean her O2 again, remove her catheter and hold off placing her under light for her jaundice. All sounds good to me!!! She did great with the changes... she was able to pee on her own, YAY!! Gabi continues to show us how strong she is... she still has a tough road ahead but slow and steady always wins the race!!!We left for the night to our apartment which was a lot harder to do than I thought! Some time after we arrived and had a HOME COOKED DINNER... YUM I thought about Gabi and how much I missed her and I wanted her here with me. Fil looked at me and I realized he was thinking the same way!I am so afraid of what the future brings, Gabi was blessed and has many guardian angels watching over her! However it is difficult for me feel relief even with all the good news. When are a parent of a CDH child you know how things can change so quickly. So I ask for everyone to continue with prayers and positive vibes. Please keep all CDH children and their families in mind and especially Gabi's little friend Ruby!WE LOVE YOU, OUR LITTLE ROCKSTAR!Hope&Love,Joanna

5 comments:

Gabi's Journey said...

We are so pleased to hear how well Gabi is doing!! She is aborable and what a little miracle!! We will continue to keep you both and Gabi in our prayers!!! Love Arm, Melissa, Katie and Danny 5-17-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

It sounds better and better everyday. Gabi will soon be home with you both, and I can't wait for her to try my yellow rice because i know she'll love it just like her mommy... Manny is waiting to have a drink and cigar with Fil to celebrate the little rock star!!!!!!!!! Love Manny & Edith 5-15-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

it is awesome to hear how great your" little rock star" is doing. you are always is my thoughts. Bethany 5-13-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Way to go Gabi!!! Keep making those baby steps in progress...you are doing so well. Gabi is a rock star!! Many continued prayers for your precious little girl and sending you lots of positive thoughts and energy for the days to come.

Much love, Tracy - Ian's mom 5-15-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Raquel text me on how well she did during surgery. Such great news. We will continue to pray for Gabi, you and Fil. We are with you in mind and spirit. Irma 5-13-2009