BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The last Three Amazing Days!!!

5-19-2009 I would like to apologize for taking so long to post but I have to say it is hard to find time to write any updates... but without further delay here it goes...Gabriella's was excubated(her vent was removed). I can not believe all this was happening 3 days post op... Happy 1 week Birthday to you Gabi!!!! What a amazing gift for her since she was really annoyed with having that tube in her mouth. Our little girl was then placed on a nasal cannula at 2liters and 25% O2. She also started feeds through a NG tube (tube nose-stomach), all this in one day!The next day they discharged one of the sedatives, leaving her only Morphine and began OG feeds(mouth-stomach).Today Gabi is up to 1 ounce of breast milk every 3 hours increasing it 5ml every 12hours, which she is digesting well without any problems. She is also off the morphine.... OMG I almost can not believe it this all happening! She was a bit angry today being very fussy with diaper changes and changing positions. They needed to give her a rescue to calm her down. She has been through a lot so I don't expect her to be perfect...."She can cry if she wants to" ...Gabi is making unbelievable strides, I cant not believe how lucky we are! She is truly a blessing and we are grateful for every moment we have with her! I sometimes think I am dreaming, I had prepared myself for the worst and wondered how I was going to get through this and I now I find it hard to relax and enjoy it! I have to tell myself that Gabi IS coming home!Like Kanye West says "It's amazing, so amazing, so amazing" but SHE is amazing!Once again we like to thank all of you for the wonderful thoughts and prayers.. we are blessed to have so many people pulling for our little miracle Gabriella!I will try to keep the updates coming!Love and Hope, Joanna&Fil

12 comments:

Gabi's Journey said...

I just called my mother to come and see the pictures of the baby. She's beautiful and we wish the best to her and all of you. Love Tia Marcia and Betty 5-20-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

I'm happy to hear she is doing much better. I know it's hard now but she knows you love her and from that love she will strive. God Bless you and may you continue on this wonderful journey with Gabi. Love you & wishing you the very best always. Ivonne, Phil & Rebecca (She is constantly asking about you and Gabi) 5-20-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Joanna and family,

I am so happy that everything is going well with Gabi. Gabi is definetly a fighter! Luciana Roman (Sucel's Friend) 5-20-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You've got a very special lady on your hands. She's looking very healthy. Sounds like she is making great progress and all the prayers will keep her on the right track. My thoughts are always with you. Cannot wait to celebrate her coming home! Much love - Melanie 5-20-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

We're so happy to hear that she continues to do well. Prayer is very powerful. Take care of yourself and hope to see you soon. Irma 5-20-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

This is awesome news!!!! can't wait to we meet her!! Bethany 5-20-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

I've been checking for updates daily and let my just say that this update was worth the wait. What wonderful news you have to share! Tears are rolling down my eyes as I read it. We continue to pray and send positive vibes your way. Can't wait to meet the Rock Star!

Sue 5-20-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Hi Joanna & Fil,
Congratulations. We are so happy for you and thank God for Gabi's wonderful progress. You have been in our hearts and minds all through this ordeal. Best Wishes. Gabi is beautiful! Lucy and Jamie 5-20-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Gabriella is amazing and so are her mommy and daddy. We love u all so much and thank the Lord for all that He has done for Gabi. Cant wait to see u again ... let me know if there is anything that u need okay? luv u Madrinha & family 5-19-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

WOW!!!! Gabi you are a rock star!!! You two must be the happiest parents around, for your little girl is amazing and we are praying she keeps improving with each passing day and gets closer to going home. Best wishes feeds continue going so well. Gabi is blessed to have such wonderful parents.

Much love,
Tracy - Ian's mom 5-19-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

It's so wonderful that Gabi is doing so well! I hope she continues to progress. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Shauna (Mom to Addisen LCDH 12/10/03) 5-19-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

That is such amazing news! I trully believe all of the prayers have helped her get through this. She is incredibly strong. Can't wait to here that she will be home soon.

Love, Diana, Adriana and Eric 5-19-2009