BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 5, 2010

Thoughts..

7-16-2009 It has been a while since my last entry... the day just flies by and by the end f the night I am to tired to write anything up. Our Gabriella is doing well.. she is so responsive now. She smiles and coos when we speak to her, she is just so adorable. She had her visit with Dr. Kint where she received her vaccines... no fun but who likes to get shots! Dr. Kint is impressed with her progress.. She showed him how well her lungs work by screaming in the office. I often think about how lucky we are.. I thought Gabi would still be in the hospital suffering or worse. It is amazing that we have her home and are enjoying watch her grow and thrive. I need to say that I am so grateful for all those wonderful nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers and doctors at Children's Specialized Hospital of Philadelphia, what an amazing group of people they are. From beginning to end we received the most unbelievable care! They will be forever in our hearts! THANKS SO VERY MUCH!Yesterday CDH parents sent blue envelopes to The Ellen DeGeneres with a fact about CDH written on the back as well sent Oprah an email urging her to speak about CDH on her show. The ides was to flood their mail with blue envelopes hoping to spark their attention! We really need to spread awareness about CDH so more research can be done. Their are too many babies losing their lives to this monster. No parent should have to go through this or make the hard decision to let their baby go. I urge all my readers to educate someone about CDH and tell them to pass the word to someone else... These babies NEED OUR HELP!!! I believe we can make a difference... I want to work to help raise awareness to this cause and I believe our little angel was sent to us for a reason! I hope that I can make her proud!!!Please keep all CDH families in your prayers! Thanks for all the support.

4 comments:

Gabi's Journey said...

Gabi is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I'm so glad she is doing so well.

Karla
Braden's Mom 7-16-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

I'm so glad Gabi continues to well. Although being under the care of awesome nurses and docs in the NICU is great, being home is often the best medicine for a CDHer!

Have a great weekend!
Sarah 7-17-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

I agree completely i have my sweet baby but so many people I have come close to have lost their babies due to this horrible defect. If you want to talk more email me I would love to hear from you.
Ashley Jackson 7-18-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Bom dia Joana e Filipe, gostava de lhes dar os parabens pois a Gabriela é verdadeiramente linda, achos que como nos, voces tanbem são uns super pais, são especialmente afortunados por serem pais de uma bebe especial, isso quer dizer, que ambos tenhem uma misão especial a cumprir nesta vida, sei sinceramente que vão conseguir, pois eu também consegui ate hoje. Um milhão de felicidades cheio de muita saúde são os nossos desejos sinceros.
Paula, Júlio, Bàrbara e Miguel

(Good morning Joanna and Philip, like to congratulate them, because Gabriela is truly beautiful, as we think, you are also a few super parents, are particularly fortunate to be parents of a special baby, this means that both have a special mission to meet and develop in this life, I hope that they will succeed. A million congratulations full of great health are our warmest wishes).
7-18-2009