BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 5, 2010

Progress..

6-25-2009 Sorry for such a delay in updating Gabi's blog but it is hard to find time to pee let alone write a blog... LOL Anyway Gabi had her appt with Dr. Hedrick last week and she was happy with Gabi's progress. she informed us to keep doing what we are doing and she is well on her way. The most important thing is for Gabi to continue to gain weight... which she has. Dr. Hedrick told us if we wanted to remove the feeding tube we may, so of course we did! YAY... I hated that thing I think more than Gabi did. She looks different without it but even more beautiful! She has been eating well up to 90 cc of breast milk, I do supplement formula when I have to but prefer not to. The later part of the week however was followed by an appt. to her pediatrician because she began having diarrhea. Her doctor told me that she might have a dairy(cow's milk protein) allergy. He did not seem to think that she had an acute problem. He then told me to eliminate dairy from my diet and see what happens, so I did and I must say it is very difficult but a small price to pay for Gabi's well being. That night I had to unfortuntally supplement formula because I did not produce enough for her and it seemed like the diarrhea continued. I then brought her to the doctor again and he still believed it was an allergy so he gave me a different formula(nutramigen) to try. I am happy to say that she is feeling better so it may indeed be an allergy. Gabi continues to gain weight now 9.2lbs at her last visit at the doctor yesterday...she also received her 2nd Hep B shot, OUCH! Gabi has been so responsive when she is awake admiring her toys and smiling at them. She now responds to voices and smiles at us which is truly priceless. You could admire her all day.. she is so beautiful if say so myself. Another amazing accomplishment was she was able to flip over from her stomach to her back... I did not believe it until she did it 3 times that day... it was very proud moment for me! One worries when a child has been in the NICU and has CDH that they may develop developmental delays but so far so good. Early intervention will follow up with her when she is about 4 months and evaluate her to make sure she is reaching her milestones! I will make sure to tell Fil to post pictures today... Thanks again for all the support and kind comments! It means the world to us!!Love&Peace,Joanna

1 comments:

Gabi's Journey said...

Great News! Glad to hear that the Nutramigin is working for Gabi. Wow! Turning over already. Pretty soon Gabi will be crawling all over.
Prayer and Postitive Vibes coming your way.

Sue 6-26-2009