BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy 4 week birthday

6-6-2009 Happy Birthday Gabriella! I can not believe 4 weeks have gone by and we are all home in NJ! It is truly a blessing to have Gabi home with us so soon. We arrived home on Monday night after a very stressful day..Gabi was crying most of the day because of reflux and gas pain, most CDH babies suffer from this. I spoke to her surgeon and she decided to give her another med. to help relieve the pain. This specific med had to be compounded so I had to wait two hours for it. We also need to pack the car for our journey home.. after the lengthy process of Fil loading the car we attempted to be on our way. But things are never that easy.. the battery died in our car! Yes it sucks.. had to take Gabi back upstairs and wait for AAA. So we finally arrived at 9:30pm from Philly!It was good to be home but I must say I liked being close to CHOP because Gabi was safe there! It has been a hard transition back, our house looks as if a tornado hit it.. we do not have much time to do it all. Gabi has had some problems with her reflux and cried most of the days on/off...so it has been tough not to be able 2 help her. I feel like I am always panicked... I hope that this will change and chill out a bit. Thank God Fil is relaxed and calm or else we be in trouble.Another than that Gabi has made great strides with her feeds, she is able to eat PO 75% of the time.. hopefully we can get rid of that NG tube soon. Well that is all for now time for another feeding!Thanks again all of you for thoughts and prayers, we never forget how lucky we are! Also thanks for the phone calls, I am sorry that I do not return them sometimes, it is just I have brain farts throughout the day and I forget to call everyone back. I do however appreciate your calls and I hope to speak to u soon!I will have Fil post some pics soon!Love&Peace,Joanna

5 comments:

Gabi's Journey said...

Welcome home. I can just imagine how wonderful it is to be back home with your precious baby. Be positive and stay strong. Love, Kathy 6-8-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

1 month later! Wow time does fly! I was so happy to see you 3 on Friday! Gabi is beautiful and you both look great. She is strong and will continue to be strong through all her pains and be ok! It's great to worry that's what it's all about when you are a mommy. You will be great! Just cherish every moment because time does go by quickly. Just happy that Gabi is home with u guys! Mikayla can't wait to meet her soon! Love Cindy 6-8-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

What a wonderful update, eventhough it sounds like you are exhausted. A baby always brings chaos into a household, but it is a wonderful chaos, one that you will never imagine living without.

It also seems like you now know what I like to call the "tornado effect." This tornado effect never really goes away. It shows up at my house atleast once a week. Welcome to Parenthood!

We continue to pray for Gabi.

Sue 6-7-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Happy 1 month Gabi!!! Sounds like she is doing awesome with her feeds. Many prayers for your precious little girl. Look forward to seeing the new pics.

Hugs, Tracy - Ian's mom 6-7-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

It truly is a blessing to have all of you back home! How wonderful...to be able to be so close to all of you again. I pray that everyday Gabi feels better and stronger. Having a baby crying is always difficult but having a CDH baby crying must not only be difficult but scary too. So many worries. Remember that mom & dad need to be healthy and strong too ... so sleep when Gabi sleeps. Get your rest too! We are just a phone call away. Please call if you need ANYTHING ...ANYTIME. Love you. Madrinha
PS. Filipe please don't forget the pictures we never get tired of looking at new pics. ;)
6-7-2009