BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy 3 week Birthday Gabi!

5-30-2009 Thanks again everyone for all the wonderful support and prayers! We are so grateful! Well every birthday week Gabi has had amazing accomplishments, she was held for the first time the first week and the following week she had her first bottle feed and there is no exception this week. This is probably the most amazing of them all... any guesses? Drum roll please.... Gabi was discharged from the hospital!!!!!You read right, Gabi is home, the place where she belongs! We are in our Philly apt but will be heading home on Monday! This was such a gift for US! It was all surreal removing her leads and knowing we will not hear all that beeping anymore. I was so happy but at the same time I know she was safe at the hospital now I find myself staring at her and making sure she looks right! I hope in time I become less nervous and paranoid. How did others CDH mothers feel after their child came home from the hospital? Gabi still continued to impress us at home. She had three feeding so far and was able to take her full feed by bottle...unbelievable! Hopefully we can ditch her NG tube soon! She loves her milk and makes sure to advise us that feeding time is near! She also loves looking around, now that their is more interesting things to look at other then white ceilings! It is so amazing to look at her and I realize how blessed we are! We are so excited to go home and be close to our family and become our own FAMILY!! Ginger(our boxer) loves looking at Gabi too, it's funny to see her stare at Gabi when she cries! I can not wait to see what the future brings for our family. Gabi is sleeping in her crib now and I want her to know how much we love her and appreciate having her in our life. Goodnite sweet girl!Thanks to all of you for reading and having Gabi in your thoughts! Please remember other CDH babies in your prayers!Love&Hope,Joanna

15 comments:

Gabi's Journey said...

Hello cousins and uncles. I just saw the pictures of your kids, and beautiful. wish you good health for all.

many kisses Paula, Maria, and husband. 9-18-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Joana & Phil:
Gabi is truly a miracle. She continues to amaze us all with each passing day. I pray that He continues to watch over her. It's wonderful to see the Monteiro family together in their own little space in Philly. Please give Gabi a big hug and kiss from the Antunes family. We look forward to welcoming her home soon. Always in our prayers.
LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Rose 6-1-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

HI, I´m very happy to know that Gabriela is out of the hospital and home with her mommy and daddy!!! Oooh and with Ginger,too. :) Mom and Dad... do you know what I believe...?Everything went so well because of all the LOVE you have for your daughter. Lots of kisses for all of you!!! Celita 6-1-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

That is GREAT news! I hope to see you guys soon and meet the superstar!
Jeff 6-1-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

YEAH! Wonderful news. I am so happy to hear that Gabi is home.

Thank you for sharing your story. It makes us all realize how lucky we all are. We continue to pray for Gabi that she continues to thrive.

Now enjoy your little girl!

Love,
Sue 6-1-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Sorry I missed your calls yesterday. I didn't have my phone in my pocket. We had busy but good day. I'll give you a call later today.

I hope you all are doing well. I am so excited you got to go home!
Holly 6-1-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Welcome home Gabi!!! Congratulations to the both of you on bringing your precious miracle home. I hope she just thrives at home. She is definitely one strong little girl. Many continued prayers for Gabi!!

Hugs! Tracy Meats 5-31-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

So glad to hear the good news. She is such a strong determined girl.
Kathy 5-31-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Awesome news! It's amazing to have your baby home and I definitely remember that 'surreal' feeling of unhooking Jaxson and leaving the hospital. It felt great, but I was sad at the same time. I was taking Jaxson 6 hours away from all these amazing doctors and nurses and worried if I knew what I was doing! But, mother's instinct kicks right in and you'll soon be so comfortable at home with Gabi that her being in the hospital will seem like a dream. The worry and nervousness about skin color, eating, breathing, etc...that may not go away. But, it will become easier to cope with the worry. After Jax throws up or is breathing fast or has a temp...I say that could have happened to a non-CDH baby, and I'm not going to be alarmed.

Enjoy every moment, Gabi is a CDH survivor and we are so happy for you guys!!

Cheers,
Sarah 5-31-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Woohoo!!Can't wait until you're home!
Elvi 5-31-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

YEAH!!! That is amazing. She is such a lucky and blessed little girl. Can't wait to come and meet her. Welcome home Gabi!!!
Love,
Diana, Adriana and Eric 5-31-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

How amazing...how wonderful. I am without words...tears
of happiness ...
Can't wait to visit you at HOME with your precious Gabriella.May the Lord continue to keep you in His care. Luv you very much. Madrinha 5-31-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

gabby coming home is awesome. i can't wait to meet her. thisis such WONDERFUL news!!!
Bethany 5-31-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

That is such great news!!! And yes, when you first get them home you worry a lot... it lessens with time. Just remember, you know what's "normal" for Gabi and if you ever think there might be something wrong, don't hesitate to act on it! I am so happy for your family! Enjoy every second of having your precious Gabi home with you!!!

Shauna - Mom to Addisen LCDH 12/10/03 5-30-2009

Gabi's Journey said...

Congratulations! Way to go Gabi! I'm so excited to hear that she is home! Yeah! I can tell you that I felt the same way. It felt so strange to pack Braden up in his car seat and walk out the door...almost as if nothing happened at all. I still check on him all the time. It's so hard to get rid of that nervous feeling! Gabi will continue to amaze you every day. She is beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures when you get her home to New Jersey. BTW...I still hope we can meet one day! Braden needs some CDH girlfriends!
Karla Holt 5-30-2009